Thursday, November 15, 2012

{Initial Necklace}

Hey, y'all!  I have one more jewelry tutorial to share for the last item that I sent Artsy-Fartsy Mama for the handmade jewelry swap.  I made her another necklace.  (Remember the first one?)
I started with an oval wooden shape, paint, a stamp, and ink.
I painted the shape turquoise and then stamped an L for Lindsay.  To make the letter pop more, I filled it in with silver metallic paint and glitter paint.
I drilled a hole in the top of the wooden shape.
Then I inked the edges, outlined the L in purple with a marker, and sprayed the piece with a clear sealer.  After that, I began putting together my necklace.
I made two beaded charms to attach to the jump ring that I threaded through the pendant.  I used purple suede cord and a cord clasp to create a necklace.  I put it all together and had my final handmade item to send Lindsay.
This definitely isn't a fancy necklace, but it's a fun necklace to wear with a casual outfit.  It didn't take a lot of time or money to make, so it's a great gift idea.  With Christmas just around the corner, I think we all need as many inexpensive gift ideas as we can get!  Don't you agree?

You'll find my other DIY necklace tutorials {HERE}.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I get so many compliments on this necklace! Love everything about it! :) THANK YOU x1000!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun necklace. That L stamp is great. I love the purple outline around it as well, really makes the L stand out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave an awesome comment! :)