Thursday, January 23, 2014

{DIY Valentine's Day Dry Erase Board}

Hey, y'all!  The Hair Bow Company recently sent me some really pretty flowers to use to create a project for their blog.  I came up with DIY Valentine Dry Erase Board for them, and I posted it {HERE}.   Today I want to share it with y'all.  
I am a sucker for anything pink, so I have a special place in my heart for Valentine crafts.  I can use rhinestones, glitter, fabric flowers, and every shade of pink I can think of, and no one will judge me.  But when it comes to crafting for any holiday, I love creating items that can transition into something that can be used every day.  That's part of the beauty of this project.  It's so easy to create your own dry erase board with a few inexpensive supplies.
You'll need a small frame (I purchased a 5x7 gold frame from the dollar store.), a piece of card stock or scrapbook paper, flowers (mine were given to me from the Hair Bow Company), washi tape (not pictured) and any other little embellishments you'd like, along with a hot glue gun and glue sticks.
To begin, use the frame insert to cut a piece of paper or card stock the size of your frame.
Stick a piece of washi tape on the paper near the bottom.  (Don't put the tape all the way at the bottom of the paper because you don't want it to be covered up by the inside edge of your frame.)  Put the paper in your frame and then use hot glue to add your flowers and any embellishments to the corner of your frame.  Draw a little lovey-dovey message on the frame's glass, and your Valentine's Day dry erase board is complete!
I LOVE the way this little project turned out.  ;)  I think the chevron flower with the rhinestone and pearl center is just the cutest! 
After Valentine's Day is over, you can simply erase your holiday message and add an everyday message. Use the board for your grocery list or use it to write inspirational quotes.  Happy Valentine's Day!
DISCLAIMER: While I was given flowers from the Hair Bow Company for this project, all opinions in this post are 100% mine.  For more information on my policies, check out the "Fine Print" tab at the top of the blog.

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I've so got to get started on valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany what a fun and cute project for Valentine's Day....or actually every day to tell those you love how special they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! *:* and it's so simple! We love this kind of projects

    Chiara & Irene
    www.one-o.it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave an awesome comment! :)