Tuesday, October 29, 2013

{Halloween Treat Bag with an Extra Treat}

Hey, y'all! Can you believe that Halloween is this week?!  I feel like it was just August a few days ago, and now here we are at the end of the October.  It's crazy how fast time flies the older you get.  Anyway, we all know that Halloween is pretty much all about the treats, so today I have a Halloween treat bag to share with you.  (I originally posted this at Through the Eyes of the Mrs. last week.) This treat bag is special, though, because it has a special treat attached to the outside of the bag.  Can you figure out what it is?  Well, wait until the end of the tutorial to find out if you're right!  
The treat bag begins with a simple brown paper bag.
I painted polka dots on the bag with a pouncer.  You could paint squares, rectangles, or any other simple shape that you like.
The pouncer is already circular, though, so it's a really simple, fast process to cover the bag--both sides--with the polka dots.
After the polka dots dried, I folded the top of the bag over and used a hole punch to punch two holes.  These holes are for threading ribbon through the bag to close the bag and attach a tag.  And guess what?  I created the perfect little tag that I'm sharing with you!

To download the tag, simply click the arrow with the line under it.  (Please note that the printable is for personal use only.  You may not claim it as your own, sell, or redistribute it.)  Print the downloaded file to 3x5 size.  (If you want to print the tag another size, do a print preview first to make sure the entire image will fit in your selected size.)
 Once I printed the tag, I punched a hole in the corner.  I cut a length of ribbon and threaded it though the holes in the bag.  I threaded one side of the ribbon through the tag and tied a knot with both sides of the ribbon.  Then it was time for the unexpected!  I created a bow using the same ribbon and some orange ribbon.  I hot glued a clip on the bow to make it a hair bow.
  I clipped the hair bow to one of the tails of the ribbon, and then I had a cute treat bag for candy that also had an extra gift attached!
This will be the perfect treat bag for one of my nieces!
Now I just have to make another one for my other niece.  I can't have them fighting over the pretty hair bow or, more likely, the candy!  ;)  These would be great treat bags for a Halloween party, Trunk-or-Treat, or a classroom party.  Imagine the recipient's surprise when she realizes not only does she have a lot of yummy candy but also a pretty hair bow!

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave an awesome comment! :)