- The room needed color. Since the wall color was staying the same. I knew I would have to bring color in with a rug and accessories.
- The room has tall ceilings, and those ceilings needed to be accentuated.
- The pictures on the walls were nice, but the room needed more art in groupings, rather than all of the art following the same line across the room.
- The room needed a new floor plan. Mom always felt the room seemed empty.
- The room needed a new rug. The rug in the room looked dated, and it was really too small.
How was I going to achieve all this? Well, I like to always start with an inspiration piece for a room. I get emails from Joss & Main every day. Usually, I just drool over their events. Recently, though, they had an affordable rug event. I found the perfect rug for mom's room.