Friday, August 12, 2011

PitteredAndGlinked Clipboard

Hi, everyone!  I wanted to share a cute project I made this week.  Have you ever needed a clipboard and went to a store to find one, and all the store carried were those ugly brown ones?  Well, I bought one of those and made it beautiful!  It won't take much for you to do the same.  The only supplies you need are a clipboard (of course!), scrapbook paper, a permanent marker, and Mod Podge.  (Ribbon is optional.)
First, trace your clipboard onto the back of the scrapbook paper you choose to use.  I wanted to use different papers, so I traced my clipboard on the different papers and cut the paper in strips the size I wanted to use.


I wanted to add a little extra pizazz to the clipboard, so I used my Silhouette to cut a flourish for the front and and a bracket and S for the back.
I then applied all the pieces to the clipboard with Mod Podge.  I coated the whole clipboard with Mod Podge twice to seal it.  I colored the edge of the clipboard with a metallic permanent marker since it was not covered with paper.  Then I taped off the metal clamp and sprayed the clipboard with a clear sealer.  I wanted to make sure the paper would withstand a lot of wear and tear. 
I didn't want to leave the metal clamp showing, so I tied a ribbon bow on the clamp and sewed a few stitched in it to keep it in place.  I painted the end of the ribbon with clear fingernail polish to keep it from fraying.  Then I had a finished clipboard!

This would be a great gift for a coworker or maybe your child's teacher.  Especially if I'm your child's teacher!  I kid, but not really. ;)

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave an awesome comment! :)